Sunday, October 01, 2006

Back again

So, at some point last week i decided to go home for the weekend. I was starting to feel like i should take every opportunity that presents itself to spend time with loved ones. Once the touring starts, those opportunities won't be as easy to come by. And anyway, it saves my kindly employers a couple of nights' hotel costs.

We got an early start at rehearsal on Friday, so we were more or less wrapped up by early afternoon. We (the cast and Director - that's her real name, you'll recall) went for lunch, but i had to skip out on the food (i abandoned hummus! HUMMUS!) lest i miss the Saint John bus.

I enjoyed seeing the few people i did get a chance to see, however briefly, while i was in town. The weekend went by so quickly that there wasn't time to see everyone or do everything that i would have liked. (If i didn't see you, don't take it personal. It just means i don't love you. Just kidding.) I will say that i definitely made the most of my short time at home. I will say that.

Then, this afternoon, rather than taking the bus, my parents kindly insisted upon driving me back to Moncton, after which we had a little dinner at the Pumphouse. (They have beers there, you know.)

And now, here i am, again, back in the beautiful Moncton Comfort Inn, wondering what i should do with myself. Alone, for the moment, and just a little bit lonely. I could be trying to track down my castmates and co-workers and see what they're up to, but i'm not. I should be going over my script, since we're off-book as of tomorrow morning, but i'm not doing that either.

For the moment, i'm just adjusting to being back here in this temporary little life again.

I miss you all already.


Time to focus.
Time to get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home